Emotional Regulation Skills Course
God has made us wonderfully. Our emotions and our bodies are closely connected. In fact, emotion always happens in the body. Just as emotions affect the body, the body affects emotions. There are bodily techniques that can be learned to bring about a healthy emotional experience. This course aims at equipping you with the skills to have healthy control over your emotions so that they can be used as God intended them to be used.
This is our goal for this course.
Teach, demonstrate, practice and apply emotional regulation skills to the end that you will be able to regulate your emotions and live a heathier life.
There are 7 lessons:
- Lesson One: Understanding Emotional Regulation
- Lesson Two: Breathing Technique
- Lesson Three: Grounding Technique
- Lesson Four: Mindfulness Technique
- Lesson Five: Defusion Technique
- Lesson Six: Acceptance Technique
- Lesson Seven: Expansion Technique
This course is designed for an individual user. However, a mentor with a mentee could also prove beneficial.
Each skill will be taught using the following cadence:
- Motivation: What is the technique and who uses it with success?
- Theory: Why the technique works.
- Explanation: How to use the technique.
- Demonstration: Show the technique.
- Participation: You try the technique.
- Implementation: Putting the technique to practice.
Learning how to use emotional regulation skills well requires time and practice. For this reason, we recommend dedicating a week for each emotional regulation skill lesson.
There are no course materials that need purchasing. All resources will be provided in the online course venue.
Sign up below by choosing how you will be participating in the course.
Emotional Intelligence Podcast
Emotions play a huge role in governing our behaviors and subsequent well-being. It is so important then, that we are able to perceive, understand and regulate them. In this podcast Brian Sutter and Amber Miller help us do just that.