Shepherding Our Child’s Image of God Podcast
Youth is a time of life when all manner of ideals are being formed in a person: reasoning skills, social skills, character qualities, work ethic, and academics. And yet, greater than these is the formation of the image our kids will have of God. Their God image is the sum total of their beliefs and feelings about who God is. In this episode of Breaking Bread, Brian Sutter speaks to the importance of shepherding this important formation in our children.
Why God Image is important?
- It is the lens through which you view life.
Where does God Image come from?
Shepherding God Image in our kids:
- Tap their imagination.
- Share testimony.
- Model it in relationship.
- Be patient with their questions.
- Point them to the Scripture.
- The Jesus Story Bible by Sally Lloyd-Jones
- Children’s Authors: by Max Lucado
- The Ology by Marty Machowski
- Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis
- Tiny Theologians
Teaching Our Children: What is God like? Webinar
Our perception of who God is has a large impact in our life and the lives of our children. In this webinar, Brian Sutter walks through practical ways to help parents set up a framework for a healthy image of God within the lives of their children.