Anxiety: We are all too familiar with anxiety. We don’t like it. But do we understand it for its finer details? In this episode of Breaking Bread, Ted Witzig Jr. walks through three types of anxiety: spiritual, situational and anxiety disorder.
Below are some of the topics covered in this podcast:
- Is there a difference between worry and anxiety?
- How does God view anxiety? Is all anxiety sin?
- Understanding the nuances between spiritual anxiety, situational anxiety and anxiety disorders.
- What is the role of our thoughts in worry and anxiety? How does focusing on God’s promises help with worry and anxiety?
- The role of shame in keeping Christian people dealing with anxiety from receiving support. How the church family can help.
- How to give support to someone with anxiety without being overly simplistic or trite.
- Ted shares his personal experience of anxiety and how spiritual and medical support helped him.
For more information on types of anxiety click here.
Three Types of Anxiety
Anxiety is part of the human condition. Ranging from mild apprehension and worry to crippling panic, anxiety touches each of our lives in some way. To help make sense of this common experience, this article will consider three types of anxiety: spiritual anxiety, situational anxiety, and anxiety disorders. [ACCFS]
Social Anxiety in Children Podcast
Brian Sutter and Craig Stickling provide very practical advice on what to look for and how to engage our children with social anxiety in this episode of Breaking Bread. Be informed. Be equipped. Be encouraged.
Anxiety & Worry in Children and Teens
Anxiety often looks different in children than in adults because children do not have the same coping and communication skills many adults have learned. Helping children with anxiety involves teaching skills such as new ways of thinking and coping. There are various types of anxiety disorders that are seen in both children and adults. Learn more on the different kinds of anxiety in this article. [ACCFS]