Identity affects us all very directly. Yet, often much goes without our notice. This course is designed to help you see the role identity plays in your life and how you can walk healthier in light of it.
There are four goals for this course:
- Participants will learn what identity is and why it is important.
- Participants will identify who they are and who they are not, thus bringing self-awareness.
- Participants will understand where identity forming inputs come from so as to walk with better awareness in their future.
- Participants will understand the role they play in their identity formation.
This is an individual course.
Participants will be instructed by videos and ready-made content. The contributions participants make will be private to themselves.
This course is comprised of 5 lessons:
- Lesson 1 – Identity’s Impact
- Lesson 2 – Identity’s Profile
- Lesson 3 – Identity’s Mindset
- Lesson 4 – Identity’s Skillset
- Lesson 5 – Identity’s Center
Each lesson will include:
- Content to consume (videos and readings).
- Reflection prompts to consider (online entries).
- Application activities to engage (printable documents to fill out).
Participants should expect each lesson to take 1.5 – 2 hours to complete. In addition, participants will be able to determine how frequently lessons are to be completed.
Course Notes (optional):
There are no resources to purchase for this course. All resources will be supplied on this online format. If you find pre-made notes helpful, the link below is a pdf of the course content in note form. If you wish to print and use them as a paper guide feel free to do so. This, however, is not required.
Sign up below by choosing how you will be participating in the course.
The Settled Identity Podcast Episodes
In this podcast series, Amber Miller helps us understand the health that is ours when we place our identity in Christ.
Who am I? Helping Children with Identity- Parenting Webinar
In this webinar, Brian Sutter discusses the importance of creating relationship, safety, and discussion with our children as they navigate identity questions in their lives.