What We Do

Apostolic Christian Counseling and Family Services (ACCFS) is a wholly owned agency of the Apostolic Christian Church of America that serves the mental health and relationship needs of members and friends of the church and others as resources allow. Formed in 2006 at the direction of the Elder Body, ACCFS is governed by a Board of Directors consisting of two elders and seven lay brothers and sisters. The agency is located at 515 E. Highland St. in Morton, IL.

Our mission, Helping the Hurting, Nurturing Hope, and Encouraging Growthis best captured in this short video, My Journey to Hope.


What do we do?

ACCFS consists of two primary departments (counseling and church outreach) as well as support staff. Click here to see last year’s activities and services (view our annual report). You can also review our History to gain a better understanding of our origin and growth over time.


What is our Mission?

Our Mission statement is stated simply as:

Helping the Hurting – Nurturing Hope – Encouraging Growth

Click here for the full text of our ACCFS Charter and Mission statement.

What are our Core Values?

The ACCFS staff have adopted four Core Values:

  • Upright Christianity
  • Mutual Respect
  • Confidentiality
  • Excellence

Click here for more information.

How are we funded?

Apostolic Christian Counseling and Family Services (ACCFS) is a ministry of the Apostolic Christian Church of America and is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit agency. We are funded primarily by donations from Apostolic Christian churches and individuals who want to support the work of ACCFS. To learn more about donating to ACCFS, see the Support Us page.

Clinical counseling carries a charge derived from a sliding fee scale that is based on the client’s annual income. To help provide supplementary funding specifically for counseling and related services to those who need financial assistance, see the Brother’s Keeper Fund. There are a number of services which we do not charge for (such as triage calls, consultations with church leadership, resource development, etc.), and ACCFS incurs significant costs associated with providing these free services. Thus, ACCFS is very dependent upon donations. Approximately 25% of the costs incurred are covered by fees for services; the remainder of the costs (75%) are covered by donations.

Are there job openings at ACCFS?

Please visit our Careers page for more information.

Contact Us

    Fields marked with * are obligatory